Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pictures from our Visit with relatives

We had a wonderful visit with Auntie P & L and cousins B, B, C, and E, and Grandpa and Grandma Weg. Here are some pictures from the visit. We took them on a tour of the Snake River Canyon, which is beautiful, and explored around it. It was a beautiful sunny day. We did lots of shopping and hanging out and playing. But....my favorite memory was the tour of Jerome. This brought on lots of laughing! We all loaded into the van to go and see Jerome. It was myself, Auntie P and L, and cousins B, B, C, E, and Hunter. Now Jerome is not very big, and there really is not a lot to see, but I wanted to make it worth the while, so I drove up and down most of the streets. Towards the end of the tour we encountered a small object on the road. (I did not see it - Auntie L did) So I drove right over it and then we heard a POP, and a felt of thud, thud, thud on the rear passenger side of the Van. Yes, you guessed it. It was a flat tire. We all started laughing out of disbelief, stopped the van, got out, and took a look. Sure enough it was a flat tire. Auntie L and Hunter went to try and find whatever it was that caused it, and found a small pipe, about 5 inches long. I still couldn't believe this would have caused it, but sure enough, there was an imprint on the side of the tire. We all unloaded the van, and stood in the freezing cold wind, tried to read the manual and figure out how to change the tire. I haven't laughed so hard in so long. It felt great! Fortunately Grandpa W had just arrived into town, and rescued us. Grandpa and Grandma just left today and the kids are back to school, so it is very quiet here. We had a wonderful time with all of our family here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...i was reading this at school and couldn't help but laugh :) thank you so much for letting us stay in your house. it was a lot of fun. i will try to remember to send you pictures of me in my dress. thanks again!
Erin