Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bye Lucky!

(See post below)

Tuesday - 1/20/09 we received a call from the Owners of Lucky. We are all so sad!

Before I agreed to let Brad bring Lucky home to the kids I had called all the shelters in the area. They had asked my name in the event someone called in. I gave it to them with my number, thinking the dog had been missing for at least week, so probably no one would call. I was wrong.

Lots of tears were shed yesterday afternoon, and it was so.........hard to break the news to the kids. They are doing okay today. Hunter is still very sad. We keep trying to tell them that it is a good thing for Lucky (aka Drake) to be back with his family, whom also has 3 little kids. They don't quite agree right now, but they will. We sure miss him. We got attached so quickly - he is a wonderful dog.

So now - you can only guess what we will be doing - Yes, getting a new puppy - but we told the kids we had to wait until spring - because it is to cold right now to train a puppy.

No comments: