Tuesday, October 16, 2007

We've moved to Idaho.

This is a short post to let everyone know that we have made it and we are settling in and adjusting to our new life in Idaho.

We have been here a week, yesterday. Hard to believe a week has passed - I am very homesick, and miss so many of you!!

Most of the essential unpacking is done, but I now am slowly weeding through the rest of the boxes.

The kids are loving it here, and love their schools, but mostly they are loving the normal family life we now have. And, a not so stressed out Mom.

The kids started school on Wednesday last week, and they love it. All three are going to Canyonside Christian school. There schedules are a bit different, but we are getting it down.

Hunter attends all day, M-F from 830-245; Samantha attends all day, M-Th from 830-245; and Tucker attends the Christian School from 830-1215; then he goes to the Public School Early Education Program from 1230-245, M-TH. Tucker is still trying to understand the switch of schools, and I can tell he is confused, but he goes willingly and seems to be doing fine when he is there.

It is great joy to take all my kids to school, together, and to the same school everyday. I pick up Tucker and take him to the Public program, which is fun for me to peek in on the kids. Hunter gets embarrassed when I do - but I can tell he secretly likes that I come and peek at him. And I am getting so much done with so much time without the kids at home. I do start getting lonely around noon each day, but I am sure it will go away when I get used to this schedule.

Samantha is enjoying being back in school, as she did not start in Bellingham with the boys. She is also a great protector and bossy gal with her brother, as they are in the same class. I am glad that she gets to have the afternoon to attend school on her own, so she doesn't busy herself with taking care of Tucker. They are so cute in the class, and Tucker openly talks to her about everything they are doing. I am so.......glad that he has her.

We have been having great success with Tucker Potty training - such success that now I cannot say "Time to go Potty" because when I do, he immediately goes, so I have to be sneaky in getting him to the potty chair. He hasn't used the big toilet yet, but for now, I am happy with the potty chair. He is even starting to go on his own - which is huge!!!

I am very proud of the kids for taking the move so easily and adjusting to all the change so well. I think the hardest part of the change is that the Twins are now not getting naps and they are very tired after school, so it gets a bit tense come dinner time, but that also makes for earlier bedtime.............which gives Mom and Dad some time alone. We too are adjusting to being together again and are enjoying our normal family life now.

Well, this was to be a short post, but I just kept thinking of things to say and update you on. So, this is it for now. We love you all and miss you all!!

No comments: