Friday, December 28, 2007

Guess Where we are going?








Yes, it was off to Bellingham for a quick 2 1/2 day visit. We decided at the very last minute(Wednesday night - 12/19) to head to Bellingham for the weekend before Christmas. Brad needed to be at a meeting in Ferndale with Andgar on Friday, so off we went. We left Friday AM bright and early. The kids were so incredibly excited to be going "Home". So was I. So, for all of my dearest friends reading this right now and thinking, wow - she didn't call me, I am sorry, but 2 1/2 days is not a lot of time, and especially with it being Christmas. I wish I would have had more time to see everyone who means the world to me, but I just couldn't. We spent Friday afternoon with the T family and Friday Evening with the M Family. On Saturday, we spent a good part of the day visiting our old neighborhood and meeting up with our renters, and of course, we made a stop at Grandma Haggen's :o) for our favorite Chinese food. And did a little last minute shopping. On Sunday, we spent the day with Brad's family, as they were celebrating Christmas this day.
We loved coming "Home". It was also so fun because Brad's family did not know we were coming since it was the very last minute, so you can imagine how shocked, overjoyed, and very much surprised they were when we pulled up in their driveway. I can still here Auntie P's screams of joy when she first found out we were there and saw us for the first time. :o)

Anyway - it was a great morale booster, and a great since of closure for my kids. It is interesting to see them since we have been back in Idaho. (Which is Home now) They are very calm, and there hasn't been any mention of wanting to go back to Bellingham. I am sure it will come, but usually a few times a week I am hearing about it. I think mostly for Tucker, it was the missing piece to the puzzle. He has seemed unsettled and confused about Idaho, so to go to his "old Blue House" and not see his things in it, but someone elses, might be just what he needed. By Sunday night, he was asking to "go home." This was very comforting for me.


Here are some pictures of the kids on the airplane - it was the Twins first plane ride. My kids are awesome. They did so good. No bickering, no complaining and the best behavior. We even flew into Bellingham, so that meant two planes and a long layover. They were just the best both ways.

And again, I am sorry I did not get to see everyone I so badly would have loved to on this short trip, but our next trip to Bellingham will hopefully be planned, with much more time, and a lot more time for visiting friends.

Oh, and I am having trouble with my camera these days - not sure why they are so blurry.

1 comment:

Dylan and Family said...

Aah! I would have loved to have seen you but since we were all sick it wouldn't have been possible anyway. So glad to hear the trip went well including a first plane ride. Sorry to have missed you.

Kristy