Tuesday, September 09, 2008

First Day of School - 8-26-08



My Pretty Pink Princess Samantha - 1st Day of Kindergarten.


Sam - making a Heart because she LOVES school so much!



Oh yeah - it's the first day of school.


I'm ready for Kindergarten Mom.

This year Samantha and Tucker are each in their own classroom. I decided to separate them to benefit them both. Samantha spends so much time mothering Tucker, that I decided that she needed freedom to become herself, and she is LOVING it. There is only one other girl in her class of 9, and they are getting along great. Sam is so independent, smart, eager, and thrives on following the rules. (She is so much like her older brother)


Tucker - 1st Day of Kindergarten


I'm ready to learn Mom!

Tucker has grown up SO MUCH over the summer. He is attending the same school with Hunter and Samantha, all day! In a typical classroom. He is doing wonderful. His class has 9 students in it and is participating in all areas. He has tested out at grade level with his "Typical" peers. His delays at this time are mostly fine motor (writing, cutting, tracing, and drawing), however with this being the 3rd Week of school, he has already begin cutting on the lines, tracing his letter worksheets, and assembling his art projects with little assistance. I am so PROUD of him. We have worked so hard on his writing thoughout the summer, and I am now seeing the benefits of it. He is writing is name with little or no assistance too! Being the smart boy that he is though, he is writing Tuck instead of Tucker. I think this is so funny and very smart.



School is Cool!

Off to class! Bye Mom.

Hunter is in 4th Grade this year. I can hardly believe how old and how big he is getting. I still remember taking him to preschool for the first time. I remember he wasn't embarassed to hug and kiss me before he left me. Now - we have to sneak it in in the parking lot before all his buddies see him. We are 2 weeks into school, and 4th Grade is proving to be a bit more challenging for him. Lots of homework too! Hunter has a male teacher, which he loves. He is a great teacher too! Very spiritual and instills great social behavior and manners in his students. He is also very strict and has high standards for all students. Hunter is up to my chin in height and only 9 years old. In a couple of years I might be looking up to him.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I can't believe how big and beautiful your kids are. Only known them since Hunter was little and before the times of Sam n Tunker. It's such a miricle how the Lord works. Its been so fun to watch your kids grow. Thanks for sharing all your pictures! It has been fun! Randi say's hi too! She enjoys the updates too!