Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Great News to Share! 9/10/08

I have been working all summer on getting Tucker a developmental aide to attend school 1/2 days with him, to help in keeping him focused, assisting with his writing and other fine motor tasks, as well as helping him with his social behaviors and peer interactions. (This summer Tucker was approved for Medicare, opening the doors to us for many services we have never had). It has been a battle (small battle, I must admit - just very long and time consuming), but today, with one phone call to the right person, we are now approved to have his developmental therapist attend school with him from 9-Noon every day! I, and the teacher and the principal are very excited, as this will only benefit and help Tucker so much more than the Teacher currently does. She starts 9/22/08. Yeah - I am so grateful!

I am hoping that Tucker will transistion well to having his Therapist "M" attend school with him. They currently spend time together 2 to 3 days a week after school at home or at the therapy center. This of course is much more fun than they will be having in the classroom. Please say your prayers, if you are so inclined to do so, that this transistion goes well. Tucker loves "M" and loves to spend time with her - I am just hoping when it turns to not all fun and games, he will still love to be with her and respond accordingly. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that is awesome, Sarah. I will be praying that "Tuck" deals with it well. Love you and miss you tons!!

Sandi said...

Oh, I am so glad you are posting again. I was in Weg Family withdrawls. Whew!

I cannot believe how big all three kiddos are! And Tucker is doing great. I mean GREAT! Samantha is so cute at her firstday of kindergarten. And Hunter looks like it's old hat.

We miss you guys. -Tommy McMillan's family