Thursday, October 02, 2008

CCS Jog-A-Thon


This is Sam - Love the pony tail swishing.

On your Mark, Get Set, and .................

GO! And they are off! Hunter is behind the kid in the Teal shirt.


Hunter - only a few minutes left to run Buddy.



And, Tucker is off!


The most precious picture - Here I come Mom!


Yep "M" - that is how you do - just keep putting one foot in front of the other.


I gotta walk Mom -my side hurts a little.


Okay - so now it is really hurting. Keep going little princess.



Tucker - waiting his turn to start. This is going to be fun Mom!


I am ready Mom - Do you think I'll win?


Yeah - let's get started.


Look at me - I am going to do my first Jog-A-Thon!


Hunter and Miss "M" - So Sweet!

The kids did Fabulous!!! Hunter did 21 laps, Samantha did 14 laps, and Tucker did 10 laps. All the kids walked/ran for 30 minutes. I am so........................proud of each one of them. It was very hard, and very competitive - especially among Hunter and his friends. They all shed a few tears, and I heard a lot of "I can't make its" but they all made it. I was so impressed that Tucker walked the entire time. I really thought that he would make it once around the track and be done - but thanks to Miss "M" he just continued on. At the end, she picked him up and carried him off the track and he melted into her. Samantha kept having side aches, but loved the ice stations - where you were given little cups of ice to chew on - this was a great distraction for her - she loves to chew on ice chips - and Hunter said that he felt like he was going to "throw up" - but they all stayed with and finished their 1/2 hour time slot. Like I said I am so proud of them.

There were 3 groups of grades runing during 3 different time slots. The twins ran together, and then Hunter followed them. So................Mom did 35 laps. This is equivalent to 4.375 miles and let me tell you................I am so SORE! I was up most of the night last night with Leg Cramps. But it was all worth it to see my babies push themselves and get some great exercise.

Also, Thank you to all who sent in donations - I don't know who did as the school hasn't given me the list yet, but WE really appreciate it.

And, the most joyfull of all was seeing Tucker start running at the beginning. If you could have seen the joy and excitement in his face, and the tears in my eyes, you would have had tears too! I totally didn't expect him to make it much more than a lap or two, and I just so enjoyed participating with all my kids, doing the same thing, at the same time. What a great day!

We all came home and crashed afterwards for about 3 hours, followed by a good dinner, hot baths, and bedtime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I teared up just looking at the pic's then came the words...Im ballin'. I just miss you guys! Sounds you just had loads of fun!!! Its good to hear/read all the good things ya'll are doing. Tarah